As of January 2017, Moving Comfort officially became Brooks bras. But unlike some takeovers, the core values of Moving Comfort have not only been kept, but built upon. Brooks have a very simple mission – ‘To inspire women to move with confidence.’
They believe that when women feel their best, there is no limit to where they can go, and they plan to be there to support them on their way. Empowering women to run, and live active lives with confidence, no matter what body type or activity. Plus, they have the added bonus of being super cute!
A bra for EVERY BODY. How great is that?
Brooks understand that comfort inspires confidence and that the correct sports bra can transform a women’s athletic experience. This is why they offer more combinations of sizes and styles than any other sports bra brand. However, there are four fundamentals of fit that are true across any range.
Four Fundamentals of Fit
1) The Band – The band is what provides the support, therefore it is essential that it sits correctly or it won’t be fit for purpose. You want the band to be level all the way around the body, and for it to hug you as closely as is comfortable. A well-fitting sports bra will only allow for the band to pull away from the body for a maximum of 5cm.
2) The Cups – You want all the breast tissue to be contained within the centre of the cups. If you have tissue spilling out over the top or sides, this indicates that the cup size is too small. And on the other side of the scale, if the fabric is wrinkled or puckering it would suggest that you need to go down a cup size as it’s too big.
3) Underwire – The underwire must be positioned below the breast tissue, and sit flush with the body. Nothing worse than getting stabbed by the underwire in your bra.
4) The Straps – The straps are there to hold the cups in place, not to hold up the breasts. They should be secure enough not to slide off the shoulders, but not so tight that they dig into the shoulders.
No bra should celebrate a birthday!
Now, just like with your running shoes, your sports bra should be changed on a regular basis. Brooks have a saying: “No bra should celebrate a birthday!” This might seem more frequent that you’d think, but on average between an A-J cup, there’s 15cm of movement in every two steps. And believe it or not, you can get up to 4cm of movement in an A cup!
A good way to remember to replace your sports bra, is to replace it at the same time that you replace your running shoes. Your sports bra’s done the same number of miles after all!
Brooks bras – Meet the categories
Brooks have divided their sports bras into 3 categories – all built for running and designed for comfort. At Run4It we stock one sports bra from each category, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
1) Low Impact – First up, we have the low impact category featuring the Hot Shot bra. Brooks’ low impact bras are designed to slip on easily and move effortlessly with the body, and the Hot Shot is the perfect example of this. It’s ideal for yoga, strength training and for running, if you’re an A/B cup.
2) Medium Impact – Next up we have the medium category. This provides a versatile mix of support, shaping and comfort. At Run4It we have the Fiona bra. The Fiona is the bestselling sports bra in the USA and it isn’t hard to see why. It is easy to get on and off (a rarity in sports bras) – with a simple hook-and-eye clasp. Plus, it has enough support for just about any activity, whether that is strength training, circuits or running (A/B/C/D cups).
3) High Impact – To complete the range, we have the Juno. Already Brooks’ bestselling sports bra in the UK, the Juno just got an awesome update to make it even better! It sits in the high impact category, catering to B-G cups, and is the go-to bra for unrivalled support, as well as style. The Juno has been engineered to keep your curves firmly in place, no matter what size you are or what activity you are doing!
Here to help you find your fit!
1 in 3 women are embarrassed by breast bounce when they exercise. And 1 in 4 women say that it limits their enjoyment of being active. Those are pretty shocking statistics, right?
However, when you link that up with the fact that 80% of women wear the wrong bra size, it isn’t actually that surprising that such a high proportion of women are embarrassed whilst exercising, or don’t enjoy it.
This something we are committed to changing at Run4It. All female members of staff are now fully trained to carry out specialist bra fittings. Even the boys know their stuff!